15/04/2010

My new fave thing to do is to create backgrounds for my layouts using watercolour paints, ink and a stamp or two.  The first watercolour background layout I did was a lift of a page done by the scrapbooker and artist extraordinares Ashley Calder (published in her book Scraptastic).  I adore Ashleys layouts and was inspired to have a go myself!

So armed with the new found confidence that creating ones own background is doable, even for a novice watercolour and doodler like myself, I taught a class at the ATDML retreat doing just that!

This layout of Em was created using a combination of stamps and free hand doodling, which i then inked with an American Crafts Fine Slick Writer, after which I used masking fluid to 'protect' the areas of detail while I colour washed the background.  Once the background had dried I filled in the details with my paints .. and Voila the page was done!

Watercolour-3

These are 2 more examples of what you can do, on the first layout the flowers and little birdie images are stamped while the second example is 99% free hand doodles apart from the stamped bird.
 Watercolour-1 Watercolour-2

Well, dahlinks I am being summoned by the lil' jewels so will keep this post short and sweet.

TTUL

MWAH 

No comments: