15/01/2010

Hey, hey its friday - January seems to be steam rolling its way into 2010 since we're half way through the middle of the month already.  Lately, I've been struck by the kindness of people, even those who touch our lives for such a brief time and I realised when we stop for a while and reflect on our lives there is so much to be grateful for. I have been reading a fair amount of childrens poetry these past few days and one little rhymne keeps popping up in various books.. it's a Zimbabwean saying :


If you can walk,   You can dance.    If you can talk,    You can sing.


Now I may not be able to dance or sing terribly well but I'm sure as heck not going to let that stop me!

Life on the  scrapbooking front this past week includes this layout for the 30 minute layout challenge on the American Crafts blog using at least 2 AC products.   (I have used American Crafts Details 'Cupcakes' and white Thickers for the title.)  Have to say:- doing a layout in 30minutes was really quite a challenge for me as I tend to shuffle things about - well there was no time for shuffling I just had to get on with it!  Now I wish I could apply this to other areas of my life - just think how much i could accomplish if I cut out the "shuffling"?!  This photograph of Emily & Ruby is one of my all time favourites.  We have a lot to learn from our children ... not least of all how to love simply and the beauty of friendship.

Eskimo-Kisses

And another layout of Em - the Raggamuffin - in the playground at Godstone farm, using Fancy Pants Kraft diecuts, 7 Gypsies gaffer tape, Scenic Route paper and a few other bits and bobs all of which can be found at ATDML :)  Dirty knees are such a symbol of a good day out don't ya think?

 Ragamuffin

I would like to finsh this post by asking you to continue to keep Mels in your thoughts as she starts radiation next week.  Melly darling, I have learnt so much from you this last year - your strength and determination to beat this cancer amazes and encourages me everyday to do better and to be better. Love you lil' sis - MWAH

No comments: