26/04/2010

Back to school today after spending a gentle weekend with the girlies. Kate and Sarah paid a visit to the hairdressers on friday and were eager to show off their new hairstyles to their friends at school this morning. (I was a little hesitant to let Sarah have her gorgeous long locks cut short but she was so adamant she DID NOT LIKE having her hair tied back for school everyday that I took the easy route and simply 'caved'). Katie, bless her, is so thrilled with her hairdo - the weekend passed in a flurry of hair flicking, mirror checking and endless "Is my hair still ok?" questioning!

 Kate-haircut Sarah-haircut

Sarah and Emily got to be mini models on saturday - helping my friend Donahs daughter model her party creations for a school project!

DSCF1401 DSCF1403 KatieB DSCF1415KatieB 
 
DSCF1431Things are always a little slower during the weekend on the crafting front - not so easy to while away the hours creating when my girlies are around wanting to ride bikes, go to the park or issuing Wii golf challenges (which by the way I won for the first time ever TOOT TOOT much to Dave's mortification hehehehe).  However I did find a moment to have a little dabble and make this door hanger for Sarah and Emily's room, using K&Co products, Making Memories mini alphas and a few odds and ends that have been lurking in my scraps box. 

DSCF1434 DSCF1438 

 DSCF1441

And to finish I have the layout example from class I taught  ATDML April retreat using the scrumptious October Afternoon "Thrift Shop" products.  The photo on this layout is one of my mums school photographs taken when she was in Standard 5 (age 11years) - I'm loving the teacher 50's dress!

Gordon-Road DSCF1426

Have yourselves a happy lil' monday folks

MWAH

No comments: