October 21, 2008

My nephew Victor Andersson Joughin born 12 October 2008 and only able to spend a few precious too short hours with us here on earth. I wanted to write a tribute to this little man but how does one write about how much he is loved and wanted, and how amazing his parents – Dan and my sister Mels- are? What words can convey the heartache and love for this little guy? So I have borrowed a few written by his mummy Melly to use in this post. "Our little boy was conceived while we were living in London, just a minutes’ walk from Victoria Station so we have decided to name him Victor. Our “work in progress” name for the bump was Balthazar (named after a cartoon character Dan used to watch as a child), and in our hearts he’ll always be baby Balthazar. They brought me the baby at about 1pm and I got to hold him and love him for one afternoon. He was tiny, perfect and so very beautiful. Six months in my womb. Six hours in my arms. Forever in our hearts."

1 comment:

Judith said...

This is so sad, just had to hug mt children and tell them I love them. There is nothing to say to ease there pain, but your sister and your family are in my thoughts. x